Saturday, February 20, 2016

Vivian's Photography Passion and Lord Protect This Tree!!



Today was a pretty nice day! 

In the words of Will Ferrell from the movie Old School, "Uhm, actually a pretty nice little Saturday!"

My 14 year old daughter, Vivian is taking photography this year. She is LOVING IT so far. Today, she had an opportunity to earn some extra credit in that class by attending an event at the local mall here being put on by the Beaumont Camera Club. 

I thought that might also be a great opportunity to walk the mall some...in the hopes that it would encourage Emma to proceed to exit!!


For Vivian it was "Mission Accomplished". For Emma and I, we are still very much attached. I enjoyed being able to take Vivian to this event either way. There were some pretty amazing pictures!


Vivian did her voting. Here were just a couple of the ones that caught my eye!

If you're interested in seeing more of the camera club's work, or if you are local and want to see other events they have coming up, check out the link below!!


I came home worn out from walking and in need of a nap. Then after resting it was time to tackle replanting this TREE! Anyone remember the "Charlie Brown Christmas Tree" from the hospital?



My husband's employer sent him this amazing tree while he was recovering from surgery! I loved it the minute I saw it. It has character. And I LOVE anything with character. Fits right in around here! So, the kids and I decided to decorate it with home made ornaments for John to keep his spirits up while he was still hospitalized! Each ornament says something sweet, uplifting, or just plain sarcastic...cause that's what we do here!! John really loved it and got lots of compliments from everyone that came in to his room...

The tree couldn't stay in the temporary pot it came in forever so I got some supplies together and decided to conquer that little project today! 



For those of you that don't know me, whatever thumb color is OPPOSITE from green, that's me. I kill plant life. It makes me sad. But it's the truth. Please say a prayer for this sweet guy that he makes it! I really like having him around!!


I mean, it's a low maintenance plant so, chances are good. Keeping my fingers, toes, and anything else I can find crossed!!


The sad little highlight of our day was when the FedEx Man delivered John's new Colostomy Supplies!! (He was on the last of the sample supplies for his preferred method of dealing with his new "friend" and this had him in quite a concerned state.) 

You know you are TOTALLY adulting when these things make your day better!!


As far as progression with the baby, I'm sitting as comfortably as expected for now. I don't anticipate having the baby today. Though today makes 39 weeks. Emma likes where she is at and I can't imagine why! Seems likes she's more cramped in there then ever these days! Oh well. I have some energy tonight so maybe I can get a few things done while I wait!

Have any gardening advice for me? I would LOVE to hear it!! Comment below!!


No comments: