Saturday, June 25, 2016

Outcome of Surgery...and... Why I Wear My Baby!

It's been a seriously busy year for us! The latest stop...second surgery. Surgery to re-connect my husband's intestines. No, it doesn't sound pretty but... that's what it is. He has been envisioning the possibility of this day since the day he found out he would have to wear a bag to save his life.... 

He underwent surgery to re-connect and the "procedure" was successful. What does that mean? It means the surgeon did exactly what needed to be done and on her end, everything went fine. His surgeon is amazing. Not only is she talented BUT she actually cares about her patients and it shows. She remembers us at every visit and visits with Emma. She gave birth to a baby girl a few weeks before I did so we exchange pics of our babies and she tells me how glad she is that John is doing so well. I can't tell you how rare that is and how grateful I am for her. She is an angel in my eyes. 

So at this point, John heals and we see how things go. We make sure his body doesn't reject the re connection and go from there. So far things look really good! My husband seems like a fighter! His body seems to heal fast. So we are very hopeful!

In the meantime, my little online boutique is picking up business so I have been super busy personally AND career wise! John can't really help with the littles right now so I have to do all I can to manage this circus all by myself. Luckily, Emma likes to be worn!

This is a BOBA WRAP. Emma just LOVES IT. I bought it from Target. Anytime I need to get work done and she is fussy I put my laptop on one of my surfaces that's high enough for me to stand with Emma in the wrap so I can sway back and forth as I need to and work at the same time! It works like a charm. She loves falling asleep in this thing. I can work and tend to her needs at the same time so it's a WIN/WIN!

Work done. Emma is happy! Moving on to the next task!
I want to thank everyone for the prayers and well wishes! It means the world to us! We have had so much "stuff" happening to us and having people sending us good vibes, prayers, and wishing us the best has kept us going! Having a big family is full of it's fair share of obstacles. Having a great support system is key. Whether you know it or not, YOU are part of that and we love you for it!!

Here's the link to my online store in case you haven't checked it out yet!


Love to you all!
Stacey

No comments: