Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Let's Talk Food-The DAT MAC Edition!

This one goes out to all the "foodies" in the house. If you love food and all things edible, you will LOVE reading this one! Today's stop, one of my family's favorite places to grub down. Did I mention it's a food truck? Yes, a food truck. Food trucks are NOT what they used to be. Remember when they were either scary or delicious and there was just no in between? These days, food trucks are a THING. A big thing! Delightful, whimsical and enchanting. You can find all cuisines represented in a food truck if you look hard enough. Food that amounts to fine dining but with a laid back atmosphere. Kind of a picnic feel to it. 

Here in Southeast TX, we have a food truck that is a community favorite! The ultimate comfort food in a food truck by the name of Dat Mac!




Dat Mac is a gourmet mac n cheese eatery on wheels. They pride themselves on using the highest quality ingredients from as many local vendors as possible making their dishes delicious, fresh, and healthy! 

Let me tell you, they may be healthy but MAN are they FILLING! These dishes are unlike any mac n cheese dishes you have ever eaten. 


Depending on when you visit, you'll have different menu items to choose from. The week we went, I was elated to see a bill of fare full of things I had been wanting to try but hadn't yet! I decided to snap up a bowl of their signature dish. Feast your eyes on Dat Mac! This is their classic homestyle mac n cheese topped with loads of cheddar! I had this dish and also decided to try the Macadilla! I hear people on my Facebook boasting about that one all the time so I had to give it a go!


It's a quesadilla with MAC N CHEESE IN IT!! Let that soak in for a moment! Not only the mac n cheese but it also has (among other amazing ingredients) a house made sriracha ranch sauce. (Drooling yet?)

Our 9 year old son shocked the family by going WAY out of his comfort zone and ordering the Buffalo Chicken Mac! The topping you are seeing that looks so inviting is bleu cheese crumbles, bread crumbs, and house made ranch! Dat Mac has a way of turning even the pickiest of eaters in to fans of whatever!




If I am forced to give you my pick of just ONE item to try on your first visit, I have to go with the Dat Stroganoff. This is the BEST TASTING Stroganoff I have ever eaten. Ever. This dish features wide egg noodles and baby portabella mushrooms. Then they top with parmesan and chives. It's indescribably flavorful on so many levels. My husband ordered this one and I stold some bites! 



He also had to give the Aaron's Texas No Bean Chili a test drive. He was NOT disappointed!




I washed my dinner down with this Sugar Land Sweet Tea by Texas Tea. Made with Imperial Pure Cane Sugar, it was the perfect beverage to compliment my delicious eats!



Even baby Emma was impressed. She got a full tummy!

You can find the Dat Mac truck at their usual spot parked outside Bonnie Cokino's School of Dance. Make sure to check their Facebook Page for any scheduling changes AND to view this week's menu!


You can also connect with them on Twitter!


There's a reason Dat Mac is award winning. Don't take my word for it though, go try it for yourself! Tell them we sent you!

As if the pictures in the post aren't tempting enough, take a closer look at our dining experience by watching this YouTube video! (Preview, there's SLOW MO close ups of the items in this program. You cannot miss it!)



I hope you will visit Dat Mac and let us know what you liked best! Talk to you soon and as always, love to you all!

Stacey

No comments: