Thursday, October 13, 2016

Ipsy In Review-September 2016

You may not know it if you run in to me while I am out running errands with a huge tribe of small children surrounding me but, I love all things make-up, hair, beauty and skin care. It seems like I constantly remain in a time crunch which makes it tough for me to find time to doll myself up like I would like to and I certainly do not consider myself an expert in these areas but I thoroughly enjoy trips to places like Ulta and Sephora. I also love to peruse the beauty aisles at Wal-Greens, CVS and the grocery/retail stores I frequently shop at as well. 

I share this passion for pretty with my Mom and little sister! We are always sharing our latest finds and favorites with each other. So you can imagine my delight when my Mom decided to purchase me an Ipsy subscription for my birthday this year! 

A few years ago I had a Birchbox Subscription and I liked it for the most part but after a while it just seemed like I was becoming inundated with samples I wasn't using so I cancelled it. I have been hearing some great things about Ipsy lately and was curious to know why friends were saying it was so great. I was much like a child waiting for Santa when I got my e-mail saying my first package had shipped and I couldn't wait to see what the hype was all about. Is it worth the subscription fee? My Mom paid mine up for the next three months. After that, I will decide whether I want to continue it on my own or not. Here's a look at what I got...


First off, I want to say how impressed I was that the items came in such a cute little bag! I wasn't expecting that and it was perfect timing. Sophie decided to paint all over the one I was using with lipstick. I switched mine out with this new one and threw the old one in the washer. Side note to Mommies raising toddlers. Toddlers and expensive make-up are NOT a good combo! She used my brand new lippie I got for my Birthday from Sephora as her paint brush. I had only worn it once or twice at that point and seeing it all over the place almost made me cry! 



We are off to a great start. Looking inside, I was equally impressed that a couple of the products that came in the subscription were full sized like this Be A Bombshell Nail Polish in Holy Fuchsia. What a sweet deal?!?


I have a couple of favorites from this month's haul that I highly recommend! I am always trying out new mascaras. My lashes are almost non-existent when I don't have any product on them. Short and thin. I am super jealous of my husband, my son and the two littlest daughters. Somehow, they all ended up with these dreamy, long and thick lashes that most women would spend a mild fortune at the salon attempting to mimic. Yet, I am over at my vanity slapping on coat after coat and still, I can't quite get there.  :-(



I have come across a few brands that I think work best to help my lashes stand out and I tend to stick to those. I have to admit, I was pleased with the results this brand gave me. The name is Superhero by It Cosmetics. I recommend this if you want length. It does an amazing job providing just that! It gave me great length and no clumps!


I saved the best for last. My absolute choice for a must buy from this month's subscription is the blush I received! OMG I am in LOVE! 

Say "Hello!" to your new "go to" shade for the Fall/Winter season! This is called Autumn Glow by Bellapierre. I have lots of experience with mineral based powders and pigments and I can safely say this one is worth the Ipsy subscription on its own. I can only describe this shade as true and simply a stunner. Plus, there's nothing this neutral color can't be paired with as far as make-up and wardrobe so it's a win-win. I have worn it at every make-up application since I received it. My bag also contained a toner, which I have used and liked, and a conditioning mask treatment for the hair that I haven't used yet. 

All in all I would give a five star rating to my Ipsy this month! I am stoked that my Mom got this for me. It couldn't have been a more thoughtful gift. It's just so ME and I can't wait to get my next package. I will have all eyes on the mailbox until it arrives! Until then friends, here is a link to check out IPSY in case you want more info on signing up or what it's all about! Please know that I have not received ANY compensation for my review on these products. 

What has been a favorite Birthday Present YOU have received as an adult and why?

Do YOU have an Ipsy subscription? If so, what did you love most this month?

Leave a comment and let me know what you think. 

As always, love to you all!

Stacey




No comments: