Monday, February 15, 2016

Nesting!!! And Resting Away Our Valentine's Weekend!



OK, I know I said I needed some major rest that I intended to partake in this past 3 day weekend that my kids had off from school. But my pregnant body does what it does. I woke up Friday morning after FINALLY getting some decent sleep and NESTING kicked in BIG TIME!! 



I scrubbed stuff, I bleached stuff....




Then I boiled stuff!!





I washed almost every dirty laundry item in the house...
I had so much energy it was ridiculous! Nesting...or maybe just the good night's sleep. I'm not sure! But it was nice to get the house tidy again. It had been a LONG WHILE since I was able to work like that. I always feel pretty lousy through the entire pregnancy (yes...every single one). And this time I am 37 years old, with a house full of kids and a toddler to chase so..I was pretty drained the entire time. Then John got sick too so....The house has been pretty messy and it's been driving me NUTS!!


I even worked on packing my hospital bag a little!! As of today, it's almost done!! 

On Saturday I was pretty exhausted all day! All the work the day before left me sore and tired. John, myself and the toddler got a GREAT NAP in! Might as well soak it up till the new baby gets here!

Then on Valentine's Day, Vivian (the 14 year old) and I made a trip to the grocery store and when we came back home, there was a surprise waiting for me in the driveway on the wall...

Let me share with you guys, I HATE anything creepy crawly! I scream! I shout! I FREAK OUT!! Vivian saw a lizard climbing on the wall right next to my car door....and told me "Mom! Don't get out! The lizard might jump on you! I got you!"

Then she proceeded to come to my rescue!







She is attempting to "shoo" it away from my car door so I can get out!! 



See how freaked out I get? You can barely see the tiny thing BUT it might as well have weighed 800 lbs if you asked me!

Thank you, Vivian, for being my teen superhero!

We had picked up some movies from Redbox and a cookie cake so we lazed around, had a sweet treat and enjoyed a family movie! 

I hadn't gotten to see Jurassic World yet and I liked it! It was definitely scarier than the others but, it was really good. We had an indoor, chill V-Day with the kids and it was JUST what the doctor ordered!!

John and I both have check-ups at the doctor tomorrow so I will be posting updates on the baby/healing front! John is resting and seems stronger and better every day. It's really a great site to see. Sometimes I just stare at him to make sure he's really here and I'm not still having to go see him at the hospital. I am SO GLAD that part is done for now.... 

Nesting is such a crazy thing. Even the Home Health Nurse that came on Friday walked in and said "Whoa, someone is nesting"... Click the link below and check out this great article on signs that nesting has struck! It's pretty on point!




I love feedback! Comment below! Answer me this....

Mommas, what do you remember doing while "nesting"?

How long from the start of "nesting" till you had your little one? 





No comments: