Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Cystogram Day Plus the Hunt for the GIANT BUG is OVER!!



Today was CYSTOGRAM DAY! 

    The day we got to go back to the hospital for a Cystogram to see if they could take out John's catheter! When I tell you that all this illness and surgery has taken a toll on my honey, I mean just THAT! The man weighed about 228 until he started his back to back illness episodes several months ago. He weighed just under 200 when he was admitted to the hospital. Now check out the scale TODAY!





      Yep, that says 180. He has lost so much weight and muscle tone. It's really unbelievable! So the Cystogram was supposed to start at 10:30am. My husband was in the U.S. Navy for 12 years. He is a time stickler. It was about 11am or so before they came to get him. He reminded me how important time is to him and I reminded him to be patient. What to do with a toddler while we wait on Dad to get a test done that will take an hour or more? Mommy kept her busy. First, she made some friends in the waiting area. She's very social so I let her talk to her friends (mostly elderly people) until she got bored with that. Then, we went and had some lunch in the cafeteria!





   We went to check to see if Dad was back yet, NOPE! So we went on a walk. We checked out the gift shop. Then walked around some more. She was in her stroller of course so she enjoyed her "drive". Mommy was pretty tuckered out and needed to sit for a bit so we went back to the waiting area to see if Sophie could find more friends to talk to. It was pretty empty so she decided to organize the magazines! 





This is Mommy, "patiently" waiting. (It had been almost 2 hours by this point)




Then FINALLY he comes back! Results are GREAT! Catheter is out and he is good to go. Except, wait..... "We have to burn your CD so wait right here for a few minutes for us!"


Can I just GO HOME NOW!!

I am surely glad he got the catheter out. Now we have ONE MORE doctor appointment tomorrow that I need to get him to, then I can go in to labor and feel at ease with leaving him without my care for a couple of days.


To say the rest of my day was crazy is an understatement. I was just able to sit for a few minutes to type up this post. I still have baths to take care of, a bed to make, and tomorrow to prep for. But I have to share this hilarious story with you! This is my teenage son Jonathan. He is 18 and set to graduate High School this year. And almost as terrified of bugs as his Mom!



Some time right as John ended up in the hospital, Jonathan comes from his room before school in a panic. He runs to me and tells me he will be a few minutes late to the car. He saw a HUGE bug in his room and just HAD to find it! He comes out several minutes later in distress and tells me he can't find it. He plans on going on a bug hunt after school. He spends quite some time after school in the dark, quiet, stillness in his room after school. To no avail. He cannot find the bug. And he is stressed.

He goes to bed later on, then in the middle of the night I hear Jonathan tearing his room APART PEOPLE! It sounded like he was at war! I was annoyed because lights were on and doors were flinging open and someone was making so much noise it sounded like a struggle! Then all went quiet. I assumed he found the bug, took care of it, and I went back to sleep. I woke up the next morning to find Jonathan sleeping on the couch. The bug out ran him AGAIN after he woke up to it on his FACE. And he just couldn't sleep in his room after that. So the couch it was! For days after that, all he talked about was the bug. He was really upset that he couldn't find it and very worried he would end up swallowing it in his sleep! YUCK!!!

Tonight, he comes to me and says "Mom, the bug mystery is over!! I was in the bathroom and saw it on the ceiling out of the corner of my eye! I got it!! I killed it!!"

I will just bet some teenage boy gets the best sleep ever tonight! The look on his face was priceless. The fact that the bug was gone has him feeling like a real winner. And these are the stories that make up our days around here! Off to finish my day and maybe, just maybe I will get to sit and relax with my feet up at some point!!

Stacey




No comments: