Thursday, February 25, 2016

Just when I thought this would go smoothly.....



I had another check up at the baby doc this past Tuesday and things didn't quite go as expected.

My newest little snuggler and I need your good thoughts, vibes, and prayers. My last 2 pregnancies were rough, to say the least. Preeclampsia became an issue with them, causing me to give birth early once (Little John), have an extended hospital stay with Sophie (the one that is now 2) and now, right here at the end, my body has decided to turn on me once again!

My blood pressure has spiked and I have some other concerning symptoms. The hope was that my body was showing some signs of progression towards labor so that the doc could admit me and induce me BUT...no such luck. I haven't progressed AT ALL! Trying to induce me when my body isn't ready at all puts me at higher risk for stroke. So he doesn't want to go that route yet. He is trying to give my body more time.


 Here's a little info on Preeclampsia for those that have never heard of it....




I am now on a "modified" bed rest plan. I have to keep a constant watch over my blood pressure (I have a cuff at home due to my past history) and if it goes above a certain number, I report to my doc and he admits me to the hospital. If it stays at a certain range I have to stay off my feet and be in rest mode. If it lowers, I can be off my feet "some" but, he wants me mostly taking it easy at this point. We will look in to inducing if my body is ready next week. 

I just want to get through this last time with no issues. One more time body!! Come on! We can do this!! 

This is an old sono pic of Emma... I just want her here safely so I can snuggle her... 

In addition to the health issues, the fact that these past few weeks of being pregnant with all the added stress has made me a MOODY MONSTER!! I actually sat down and cried today because Sophie spilled orange juice EVERYWHERE!! Yes, I bawled my eyes out! Ok, and I'm not ashamed to admit it!!

And this pretty much sums up how I am feeling these days....

At least I still have a sense of humor! I was playing with Sophie today on her mini Magna Doodle...and decided to draw a pic of Daddy before then after surgery...


He's lost so much weight....this is actually pretty accurate! 

And then this one has to be my favorite... 


On the left is Daddy, smiling...because he's all happy Mom is pregnant again...the arrow shows "You did this to me!" Then there is me turned sideways... Uh Huh.... That's pretty accurate too... (I showed Daddy my drawings and he was pretty impressed! .....snickers....)

My blood pressure has actually been on the lower side since yesterday so I ventured out to Little John's Blue/Gold Boy Scout Dinner this evening. It was a treat for me. I really haven't gotten out much this entire pregnancy. Sometimes I forget how nice it is to visit with other adults in person!!


Well, for now it's a waiting game!! I'll be so glad when this birth story is over and Emma is here safe and sound! Send lots of good thoughts our way!!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sending you positive thoughts and prayers! Hugs!
Theresa Nelson