Sunday, October 23, 2016

Sweet Tooth? Join Me Friends. It's Dessert HEAVEN!!!

Here in Southeast Texas, we have a little slice of heaven on earth. Whether you have a sweet tooth, love having dessert after dinner or you're simply in need of some comfort in the form of decadent sweets, this place is a MUST VISIT! I still remember our first visit to this place when we moved here five years ago. I could NOT BELIEVE my eyes. I couldn't imagine ever being in another place that had any and every sweet treat I could ever want for or imagine, all in one building. I had to pinch myself so I could make sure I hadn't gone on to a better place.....




Feel free to thank me for sharing this with you later. I am happy to present to you, Rao's Bakery. Please don't send me hate mail after you get addicted and gain a few pounds. It's not my fault. I don't own the joint. I don't bake the goodies. 

What you are seeing above is just ONE of the dessert display cases. I cannot even describe to you how amazing this place is from the treats they serve, to the atmosphere, to the people that work there. I have never been disappointed. I feel like that is saying a lot since we moved from the Dallas/Ft Worth Texas area and have visited many a business over time. 

Rao's has a history that is pretty unique as well. They have been open since 1941. The "style" of the bakery is European and it prides itself on it's specialty coffee, desserts and service/atmosphere. I have tried many of their items, including the coffee, and I can safely say that I haven't been able to give anything I have tried less than five out of five stars. 



Lately I have been on a chocolate kick. So this visit I opted for a slice of Chocolate Mousse Pie. Try not to drool but yes, this pie was everything it appears and then some. I don't know about you, but to me, the crust can make or break the deal and this crust was divine in every way.
If you're not much of a chocolate fan, you can check out the many other options of cakes and pies at your disposal. The dipped strawberries are another family favorite. 

I had never tried Gelato before and never really had a desire to until I saw it the first time I walked in to this place. I never knew what I was missing. The flavors go from fruity to dessert themed to just plain fun and they will kindly give you a sample to try if you just ask nicely!

There's a good selection for those that have a preference to cookies, cupcakes or muffins as well. The sugar cookies are top notch. I craved them constantly when I was pregnant with Sophie. 

The way Rao's displays the choices they have is GREAT for kids. Sophie just walks up to the glass and points and VOILA, cupcake for the cutie! You can also grab items to go if you would rather take something home or need to get back on the road. 


I mentioned before how tasty the Gelato is. I have also admitted my love for the sugar cookies so I would be remiss if I didn't brag about the Sugar Cookie Gelato. HOLY GOODNESS. Fresh sugar cookie chunks are the star of the show. I have had it a few times now. It's good. Very, very good. My son, Little John, chose it for this latest visit.



For a one of a kind seasonal sensation, during the Mardi Gras season they make the best King Cakes in the universe. They come in several flavor options and you can even buy them and ship them out to a loved one or business contact too!

Rao's has something for everyone. Whether you want to partake in dessert after your supper, stop for coffee and a muffin at breakfast or cruise in for a quick sandwich and sweet treat for lunch, the choices are endless. You can also inquire about booking the party room for any and all occasions. 

If you want to check out the story behind the sweets you can visit the bakery here . If you want to visit a location, there are a few in Southeast Tx as well as one in the Champions area of Houston!

Send me your thoughts! 

What's your favorite place to go for a sweet treat?

Have you tried Rao's? Do you love it as much as we do?

 And know that the opinions I have shared about Rao's are mine. I haven't gotten ONE FREE THING from this blog post. I am sharing this opinion all of my own doing. As always, love to you all!

Stacey





No comments: