Friday, January 27, 2017

DA DA Duuuuhhh.. Ipsy Review for January! It's Here!

Oh goodness, friends! I went major NERD OUT over my Ipsy this month! I can't wait to tell you what was inside! But first, let me show you! I thought you might enjoy a short video starring Ipsy and all the goodness that arrived inside! It's a fun experience to open your monthly Ipsy package and here's a way for you to experience with me! Yippeeee!!



I feel like Ipsy just "gets" me. Soul and all. (Insert heart emoji)....
I must say, having the Ipsy App installed on my phone has been a delight. I get to "sneak peak" at what's coming. I read up about the bag, itself this month before it arrived. I found it quite interesting looking. Since this month's theme was "Metropolis" the design of the cosmetic bag mimics a skyscraper. It's a silver hue which is extremely handy since it will go with a lot of outfits and purse choices!


This time I got a lip gloss. I really liked this shade. It has such a light hearted aspect to it. It seems like the perfect marriage of peach and pink in the barest of pigments. 



Ciate London is a brand I have seen in my Ipsy before. This particular product is a top coat for nail polish that touts it's ability to make your nail polish last longer. I tried it. I can't say that it made my polish last any longer than any other top coat I have tried. I must also admit that I am SUPER HARD on my nails due to all the cooking and cleaning that comes with a family our size plus running my business. My hands never rest!
 I will say, I was slightly disappointed in the Manna Kadar Blush product. The shade looked stunning. I wanted to love it so badly but this stuff was hard to blend out. It gathered up and sat in one spot on my cheek as I applied it and seemed to take quite a bit of work to spread evenly. I do like the way the color looks with my fair skin tone though.


Here's when it all got very, very interesting. I got a Smashbox BB Cream! I went total GEEK FEST, SUPER FAN and started squealing when I saw what it was! I have been wanting to try Smashbox foundations for SOOOO LONG NOW! As it turns out, it was worth the wait and then some! The shade was perfect. I love the consistency and I was moved by the coverage offered. You don't often get as much from a BB Cream plus this has an SPF in it as well. That's a very important feature in a foundation.

In this pic, I am wearing the foundation, blush, and gloss from this month's haul. Overall, I liked the combined look. I have a feeling the BB Cream will be a favorite. 


I also acquired a collagen serum by Mint Pear. I haven't used it yet but it looks compelling and I want to give it a try on my eye area and check out the results of that. 

All products considered, I have to give January's Ipsy two thumbs up! The Smashbox BB Cream alone would've been worth it, to me. I've been blessed with great Ipsy bags for five months now and I sure hope the trend continues! 

Want to give Ipsy a try? Click here to go straight to their website.

Check out my previous Ipsy reviews by clicking the corresponding links.

October Ipsy Review

November Ipsy Review

December Ipsy Review

Do YOU have a favorite BB Cream? Share with me in the comments!

I hope to hear back from you! 

As always, love to you all!

Stacey

No comments: