Wednesday, November 30, 2016

November 2016 Ipsy In Review!


Welcome to my Ipsy Review for November 2016! This month has been super busy for my big family as many of you have read by now. I was thankful to have received my Ipsy bag for November so I could take the items along for the ride and try them out. 




The very first thing I noticed and gushed over when I got my package was the cosmetic bag. One of my favorite colors is Navy Blue. One of my other favorites these days is gold. Then add that to the fact that I LOVE stars and constellations and BAM....we have a WINNER THIS MONTH ALREADY!! Except, Vivian saw the bag and fell in love too and well..... I'm a Mom so.... I let her have it. Every time I see her with it, I want to secretly snatch it back. Watch out Vivian, I'm eye-balling you!!!



Let's talk about the goodies inside the bag. As you have learned from previous reviews of mine, I love products that serve dual purposes. The LAQA & Company B'Lighter sample does just that. The color is called "Peacher's Daughter". It's both a blush and a highlighter in a creamy balm form. The LAQA & Company website says it "reacts to the warmth of skin for a flawless blend". I tried it out and I concur. I love it. I will definitely be putting it in my "used most often" section of my make-up organizer. 

The next item I grabbed up right away was the Dark Red Lipstick. The company is Absolute New York. Lately, I have a thing for lippies. I think it's because back when I didn't know much about make-up, I assumed bold colors wouldn't look good on me but I was DYING to wear them so instead, I didn't wear lipstick or products similar to them at all. Ever since I tried on a red shade for the first time and got complimented, I almost have no fear when it comes to trying new lip shades so when I get my hands on one, it's like someone handed me a million bucks! Whether that's a good thing or a bad thing is in the eye of the beholder. My new thoughts are, if you want to try a certain lip shade DO IT! If YOU love it, that's all that matters. You only live once!

If you have trouble with large pores, the November Ipsy held a true gem inside just for you. I have seen this Benefit Pore-fessional product at my beauty stores several times and wanted to see how well it worked. I just never actually made the purchase so getting this in my Ipsy was a welcome friend. I am happy to report that it really works well too! If you haven't tried Benefit as a brand in general, pick up a product to try. It's one of my go to brands when I need a product to perform a certain way. Everything I have tried by Benefit so far has done what it says it will.



The last two items that were included this month were the Hey Honey, Honey Silk Facial Serum and the Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eye Liner in Black.
I tried the eyeliner. It's great. I rarely do a winged type liner these days but if you do, this one will be a great help to you. It's easy to use. It's precise and it doesn't smudge. 

I gave Vivian the face serum. Not because I didn't want to try it but as soon as she saw it she started screaming and begging for it. Apparently, products that contain honey are her "aesthetic". (Side note to parents of teens. All the TUMBLR users and teens are using this term these days and I wish I didn't know these things... ) So I handed it over for her to try and she says it's amazing! 

I get one more month of Ipsy for free thanks to my MOM! (She bought me the subscription back in September for my birthday for those of you that are new readers!) THANKS A BILLION SHIRLEY (AKA my MOMMA!!) You are awesome! After December, I have to decide if I want to keep paying for it myself. I can honestly report that I am impressed so far. 

I can't wait to see what December holds which got me thinking. Ipsy bags would be a great gift to a fellow make-up lover! Think about that for the holidays....

 Here's the link to IPSY in case you want to check it out or purchase a subscription for yourself or a loved one for a gift....

And here's a link to check out the LAQA & COMPANY Peacher's Daughter product I was raving about. 

If you decide to try any of the products I listed here, let me know! I would love to hear your feedback!!


And here are the links to my September and October Ipsy Review blogs in case you missed them.....

As always, love to you all!!

Stacey










No comments: