Sunday, November 6, 2016

Ipsy Favorites From October


October means Halloween and Halloween marks the beginning of the Fall and Winter Holiday Season. In the make-up lovers world, that signifies a change in the color guard. We tend to put away the bright colors that we spent Spring and Summer using in lieu of darker hues. Deep berry, brown, and black tones as well as smokey eyes are customary. My favorite trend is a red lip! You'd be surprised at who can pull it off. It's bold but gorgeous! 

October MOTD (make-up of the day) looks are fun because you can be courageous and experimental since everyone is in the Halloween spirit. Seeing how popular Ipsy has become, I figured they would be in the Halloween spirit too so I couldn't wait to see what my bag had in it this time! I was right on target!



Isn't this bag the CUTEST!! I have had Ipsy for two months now and I am really enjoying being able to change out my on the go make-up bag monthly to go with whatever theme Ipsy has decided on. This frightful cutie was just what any beauty lover would want in their collection to carry their October go-to items.

Make-up tools that actually do their job are not dirt cheap so I was curious to try the one I received. The name of the brand is Lottie London.



The tool is sturdy and durable. Their logo is cute and I love the color! I have been using it at every eye make-up application since it arrived. It's a great addition to my collection and works really well!
Another item from the bag that I am using often since it came is the Beaute Basics Satin Taupe Eyeshadow. This one is perfect for neutral eye looks. Not too light and not too dark. 





Also included this month was an eyeliner from Nyx. Nyx is one of those brands that's considered a drug store "find". It's very budget friendly and the products are as good as some of the bigger name brands I have used. 




The name of this shade of Nyx eyeliner is Gunmetal. For anyone that likes a silver/gray eyeliner, this is a good one. 





A few more items were in the line up including a "The Balm" product that can be used as a shadow or blush called "Hot Mama!" and a leave in conditioner by Pure Brazilian. 


The shadow/blush I liked. The "Hot Mama" shade is pink which I happen to be a big fan of year round. The leave in conditioner from Pure Brazilian smells just lovely. I used it on Sophie after her bath as a detangler and it worked famously. I was able to comb through her curls very smoothly. Even better than the detangler I normally use so I am glad to have this one! 

Another awesome month of Ipsy and I would definitely say it's worth the fee. November's bag should be arriving soon! I can't wait to see what it has inside! 

Here is a link to Ipsy in case you want to check it out!



Signing off for now but as always, love to you all!

Stacey

No comments: