Sunday, November 27, 2016

We Hit The Road For Vacation and Look Who We Happen to Run In To!!!

Welcome to part one of our family adventure! For those of you just catching up, my husband was longing to spend time with his family so we decided to go spend the Thanksgiving Holiday with his family in Georgia. I have been with this man for about ten years but have not gotten to spend enough time with his side of the family and I had never been to where they live. I was very much looking forward to getting to know them better. We ended up doing so many fun things I am having to write our journey out in split up posts. I am exhausted but my heart is FULL. We made some great memories!

Starting out, as we piled in to the car to get our trip started, I was mostly just happy to have the packing done. I said a quiet prayer as we pulled away from our home that I hadn't forgotten anything important. Packing for a family our size is NO JOKE! It feels like we have to take one of every item we keep stocked at our house and it makes for a vehicle full of STUFF. I really don't know how he does it, but my husband has a way of making everything fit. It's a talent of his. It comes in handy and I am surely grateful for it. He prefers that I pile things together inside the house and once it comes time to load the car, he requests that I sit back while he arranges everything in the SUV the way he needs to. When he feels everything is secure he has me do the final walk through of the house to make sure no bags were missed then we are ready to roll out.

Once on the road, we traveled through Texas in to Louisiana pretty quickly. The scenery hadn't really changed much except that we saw some actual swamp lands up close and that was pretty interesting. Driving through Louisiana takes FOREVER though! We finally crossed the border from Louisiana in to Mississippi and BOOM, we ran in to a familiar face! 

 Driving on the freeway, we end up next to a truck and trailer hauling this really cool car. The car looked familiar but I am not a NASCAR fan like some. My husband kept telling me to really take a look at the car. He couldn't fathom that I didn't know who's car it was. It took me several double takes to realize that Dale Earnhardt Jr's car was being hauled next to us!!

So yeah, that's pretty cool!

Definitely feeling we are off to a fun start.

The rest of the road trip really wasn't that bad. Even driving with baby and toddler, but we were sure glad to arrive in Loganville.

We ended up getting to my in laws house around 9:30 P.M. We unpacked the car and did some visiting then got settled in for the night. My sister n law had a list of places she wanted us to see so we needed a good night's sleep.

Sunday morning we attended church where my brother and sister n law are members. Rosebud Baptist is a small baptist church. The people were super friendly. Sometimes you can just look at a person's eyes and tell they have the sweetest of souls and I met several folks just like that at this church. The service was great. We did things I hadn't done in forever like opened up the hymnal and sang old hymns straight from the book. Later that night we went back for the church's annual Thanksgiving dinner. The food was tasty and the fellowship was filling. We also got to listen to members of the church say what they were thankful for and it was a blessing. So far I am in love with the people in Georgia! I can only describe them as salt of the earth. A full day was complete and it was time to get the little ones down for the night so we head to the house. 

The next morning we headed in to Atlanta and went to the Zoo! 



I think Sophie's favorite part was the petting area. The child has no fear. She grabbed a brush and walked right up to a goat and started brushing. She's definitely an animal lover. Vivian got to feed a giraffe! What a neat experience! It cracked me up to see the way the giraffe kept looking at her. He even posed for the camera for me! What a guy!



For some reason, Little John couldn't wait to see the otter exhibit. It was all he kept mentioning. Me and my sarcastic self couldn't help but start cracking "otter" jokes and it started irritating Little Man so I kept doing it, of course. I mean, if you don't get on your kids nerves every now and then you should! It's really entertaining. You "otter" try it sometime......  ;-)

We were famished after leaving the zoo so we stopped at Five Guys Burgers and Fries for a bite to eat. If you've never had Five Guys, I highly recommend you try it. The burgers are juicy and delicious and they give you a ton of fries! The kids and I shared a cookies and cream milkshake too. I give it a double thumbs up!




Once we got back to the house, we watched TV for a bit. My mother n law cooked up a great dinner for us. My husband requested her meatloaf. My brother n law arrived home from work and we all enjoyed great food and conversation then it was off to bed. Another adventure awaits us in the morning. I am so grateful for this time with family and new experiences!

What were your days prior to Thanksgiving filled with?

Have you ever visited Georgia?

What is your favorite thing to do there?

As always, love to you all!!

Stacey

No comments: