Friday, November 11, 2016

Exciting News From The Family Front! We Are Going On a Trip!

Boy am I excited! Here very soon, most of the family will be heading out on an adventure. I say most of us because the two older kids have to stay in town and do adult type things like work and attend college so they won't be able to go. That leaves John P (husband), myself, and the 4 youngest kids going on a vacation of sorts for the Thanksgiving Holiday.

This will be a bittersweet vacation. Bitter because I don't make it a habit of spending holidays without any one of my kids but as the older ones are becoming adults, it's becoming some what of a challenge to make sure our schedules match up. Sweet, for one thing, because I DON'T HAVE TO COOK THANKSGIVING DINNER THIS YEAR!! That rarely happens since I became a wife and Mom. I am very willing to take a season off from the cooking. I will surely enjoy the break from it so I can focus my attention on the little ones instead. 

So where are we headed, exactly? 



We are driving to GEORGIA!! The destination has a very special reason behind it. John P has family that lives there. Of course he has been to visit them before he and I met and our 9 year old has been as well but I have NEVER gotten to go. Sophie hasn't been either and they haven't gotten to meet sweet Emma (the newest addition) yet. John P and I have been together for 10 years now and though we have had the opportunity to spend quality time with MY family over the years because they live in TX, time with his family has been scarce and they have always traveled to see US. I am very lucky to have them in mine and the kids' lives. They have been very good to us even though there is distance between us and they are some wonderful people. From my sister in laws to my Mother in law. Not to mention I have some gorgeous and super smart nieces. I cannot WAIT to spend an entire week with them all on THEIR home turf. 

You will have to excuse my child like excitement. I haven't gotten out much in the 38 years since I was born. My husband was in the Navy for many years so he has been so many places it makes my head spin but me, I can count locations I have been to on one hand. We will be driving through areas I've never been in, states I have never seen and I am beside myself waiting to get the experience. Then let me mention again that I DON'T HAVE TO COOK THANKSGIVING DINNER THIS YEAR!





We live in Southeast TX. That means our drive will be Coastal-ish for most of the way until we hit Alabama and then we start the turn northward.






Alabama, Mississippi and Georgia are all states I have never been. I don't even know what the scenery is like so I am all set to have a full first timer's attitude and enjoy soaking in every thing I can set my eyes on through the car window and fully appreciate any stops we end up making for breaks until we arrive at our destination which is a town northeast of Atlanta called Loganville, GA. 

The southern part of Louisiana near Baton Rouge is an area I think might have interesting scenery for us and my 9 year old says he loves going through Mississippi. 

I am hearing that my husband's family has planned some fun activities to do while we are there. I plan on snapping as many good photos as I can for memories sake and enjoy spending time with family. Now is a great time for a get away. All this "junk" going on in the news and all over social media these past few days has me shaking my head, rolling my eyes and wagging my finger. I can't wait to share all the deets with you!



What are YOUR Thanksgiving plans?

Staying home this year or traveling? 

Drop me a comment! I would love to hear what your family will be doing!

Wish us luck and FUN and as always, love to you all.

Stacey







No comments: