Thursday, March 31, 2016

Life...Lately I'm Simply "Wingin It"...

Life is slowly becoming "different" for me. I tend to OBSESS over things. I NEED to plan things. I MUST follow a recipe exactly. I get NUTS when my daily "schedule" isn't stuck to, when traditions aren't kept, when things don't go as I plan and when I can't get to all my "to do's" in a day. Thanks to my husband's more laid back influence and recent events, I have let A LOT of that stuff GO! I simply cannot do it all and I refuse to let my anxiety tell me I am a failure! Lately, I feel like I am "wingin it!" And I am NOT sorry!

I was craving some "Baked Ziti" but I didn't have all the ingredients. Now normally that would mean I just wouldn't cook it. Instead, I subbed what I HAD for what I didn't and it turned out just FINE!


In fact, it was delish!! Click below for the original recipe I usually follow!


I was also craving some good oatmeal cookies. I decided to throw in some different types of chocolate chips this time! They came out awesome as usual!


Check below for original recipe.




Even our Easter celebration was more laid back this year. We hunted eggs in our jammies and didn't even do the hard boiled decorating this time! We have our traditions around here and we love them. But I am learning that changing things is OK too. Emma is only 4 weeks old so we decided a low key holiday was just what we needed. After all, Easter isn't really about eggs anyway! 

My grandbaby came over with her Mommy and Daddy and we got to watch the girls hunt eggs without too much help or us having to hold them to hunt for the first time! They were so cute!


I even tricked the teens in to hunting eggs with us this year! I usually get them something small for Easter since they are "too old" to hunt for eggs in the yard with the little kids. I hadn't been able to get out to get them anything so instead, I put some small amounts of money in a few eggs and unleashed the "hounds" to find them! 



Advice to my future self....never send your husband to the store for Easter candy when he's been having cravings worse than a pregnant lady...All I know is...SOMEBODY better eat all this taffy and these jelly beans! 


See guilty party in red shirt above :-)

How was YOUR Easter? What are your "must do" traditions?? Comment below and share with me friends!!

Stacey


No comments: