Wednesday, August 10, 2016

The Zoo Keeper Let Me OUT For The Night! What Did I Decide To Do? Have a Mom/Son Movie Date...Here's Our Family Review (No Spoilers, PROMISE)

Having a breastfeeding baby whose Mom stays at home with her ALL DAY means I can't manage to get away from home much without kids. Which I have become some what accustomed to these days. I am mostly OK with it but, I am a HUGE movie fan so...needless to say, there are times when a movie I am just DYING to see has come out and I have to wait for it on Blu-Ray or DVD to see it. It can be a bummer once in a while. When Suicide Squad came out, I made sure not to watch any trailers because I knew I would be sad. When Vivian kept talking to me about how much she wanted to see it I decided to tell my husband to take her and Little John. Just because I have to miss it doesn't mean they should have to. I stayed at home with the younger two girls and waited to hear back from the three that got to go whether the movie was amazing or not. 

I knew right off the bat that John P (husband) and Vivian would tell me it was awful once they went whether it was or not. My husband and daughter are very "in tune" with me in that way. I knew they would try to save me from being sad that I couldn't go. I have missed several New Releases by allowing them to go when I couldn't because I was home with babies. HOWEVER, I always know to ask Little John when I want the truth about stuff like that. That kid has the hardest time telling a lie. His face gives him away. As soon as he tries and I see "that face" and give him "the look" I can tell he isn't telling me the truth so, he is opting to tell the truth right off the bat these days. With MOM anyway! 

As soon as they walk in the door I see Little John by himself for a moment so I quickly ask him "How was the movie son?" He says "Great Mom. It was really, really good." He looks proud of himself as he walks away. Of course John P and Vivian walk in and say nothing. I find out the next day that my husband has asked the kids to tell me the movie was awful, just as I suspected. So that I wouldn't feel like I missed out. Little John told Dad he wasn't agreeing to that. It wasn't the truth and he didn't feel comfortable with it. He expressed his need to tell Mom the truth if she asked. Well, of course I did! Below is their honest Q&A answers about the movie itself. No movie spoilers! I promise!




John P (husband) Review and Q & A:
1. Who was your favorite character: "Dead Shot"
2. If you could be any character from the movie, who would you be?: "El Diablo"
3. What was your favorite song in the movie? "Ballroom Blitz"
4. How many stars do you give the movie between 1-5? "FIVE"


Vivian Review and Q & A:
1. Who was your favorite character: "Enchantress"
2. If you could be any character from the movie, who would you be?: "Harley Quinn"
3. What was your favorite song in the movie? "Ballroom Blitz"
4. How many stars do you give the movie between 1-5? "4 stars"
5. Why not FIVE stars? "Because I don't "ship" (means support in teen lingo) a "toxic" relationship between HQ and Joker that's WHY!" (Good for you GIRLIE!)

Little John Review and Q & A:
1. Who was your favorite character: "Deadshot"
 2. If you could be any character from the movie, who would you be?: "Deadshot"
3. What was your favorite song in the movie? "Heathens"
4. How many stars do you give the movie between 1-5? "FIVE"


A couple of days goes by and my husband sends me a text. He wants me to go see the movie. Even though the movie is long. Even though I feel the need to stay by Emma's side for whenever she wants to breastfeed. Even though I am a TOTAL helicopter Mom. He tells me he can handle it and he WANTS me to have some fun. I fully trust his ability to care for his daughter. I decide to go. Since my son, Jonathan hasn't seen it either. I invited him too and decide to make it a Mommy/Son date! Here are our reviews. Again, no spoilers. I wouldn't do that to you guys!

Myself and Jonathan at the movies!!

Jonathan Review and Q & A:
1. Who was your favorite character: "Deadshot"
 2. If you could be any character from the movie, who would you be?: "Deadshot"
3. What was your favorite song in the movie? "I don't know MOM. I don't really pay attention to music when it's in a movie!"
4. How many stars do you give the movie between 1-5? "SIX. Make sure you put SIX! I want people to know how awesome it was!" (OK, son. Ok. I put SIX...Sheesh)

My Review and Q & A:

1. Who was your favorite character: "Harley Quinn"
 2. If you could be any character from the movie, who would you be?: "Enchantress"
3. What was your favorite song in the movie? "Heathens by 21 Pilots"
4. How many stars do you give the movie between 1-5? "4 1/2"
5. Why not FIVE stars? "Well, I wasn't a big fan of some of the language used. Harley Quinn specifically then some of the other characters here and there. The movie would've been just as great without that part."

Overall, the movie scored pretty high with the family and the night out for ME scored at 100!! Nights out are scarce for me and it felt great to have some one on one time with Jonathan. He's ALWAYS a delight! (Even though Mom paid for it). Someday he will be taking ME out, right?  

No comments: