Thursday, August 11, 2016

I Was Asked to Do a LIVE FEED On Facebook! For a Cause! Hear Me Share My Story!

Eeeeeeeeek! I'm TERRIFIED! For so many reasons. First, let me just say I have debated sharing my story in this very blog for so many reasons. Second, going LIVE ANYWHERE terrifies me! Plus, I ramble when I get nervous.... Third, I have only recently been able to share bits and pieces of my story with ANYONE outside my tight inner circle at all. I know what you're thinking. "Lady, what story? What ARE you talking about?" Well here goes nothing and everything. I am a victim of childhood sexual abuse. 

There.... I said it. 

A good friend of mine is doing a month long Facebook Event for a project she is passionate about called #defendinnocence which is a project that was started to help educate, prevent, and heal all those affected by child hood sexual abuse. She messaged me and asked if I would be willing to share my story LIVE in her event. Naturally I started sweating. Then I promptly got nauseous and immediately called my husband in a panic. Of course he totally supported whatever I decided to do. Vivian tells me to go for it! All I have ever wanted was to help anyone I can through my experiences. If I can benefit even ONE PERSON by sharing my story then I will do it! I decided to go LIVE to tell all my friends on Facebook that I was going LIVE.... (insert dumbfounded faced Emoji here)




August 21st at 7PM CST I will share my story with anyone and everyone that attends this event. I am definitely scared. I am worried about backlash. Every time I have spoken aloud about what happened to me, I get a huge heap of it! I am antsy about talking on the subject because I have such a huge family to consider. I don't want anyone giving any of my kids a hard time over this. But I feel the need to do it. I have the support of my friends and family so I will forge ahead. 

This is a subject that needs voices. For so long it was not "OK" to even talk about. The stats are heart breaking to say the least. 1 in 3 girls will be a victim of child hood sexual abuse before the age of 18. Stats for boys? 1 in 4. Seriously? That many...... It makes me SICK to say the least. My story is pretty crazy. My childhood was pretty crazy too. I invite you all to hear me tell my story. Just click here and join the event. If you have any problems getting in, let me know. 

In the meantime, check out the Defend Innocence website to see how you can help! Prevention is KEY and come watch me LIVE! I need all the support I can get!

No comments: