Sunday, October 2, 2016

Banana Pudding Refrigerator Oatmeal!!

I am delighted. I have never been particularly creative when it comes to cooking. I can certainly follow recipes and I love to cook delicious food for the family but as far as making up my own ideas, I haven't been very successful. I am grateful for Pinterest. I get LOTS of great options for new meals to try from there. 

As I mentioned before, I went to Pinterest a few years ago looking for breakfast foods I could make ahead of time and leave in the fridge or freezer for my family to grab and eat during our hectic morning rush. One of the pins that caught my eye described a make ahead oatmeal. I tried out the recipe and it was a huge hit! I have made it several times now. Then a few weeks ago a light bulb came on. Why not make some refrigerator oatmeals that have a dessert theme?!? I recalled my husband's favorite desserts and sweet treats and came up with a few options! I can't wait to try them all! For my first try I kept it simple and sweet. So without further ado I bring to you.....

Banana Pudding Refrigerator Oatmeal!!!!



These are made in advance and left to set in the fridge overnight. Then they are ready to go in the morning. This recipe is EASY from ingredients to assembly! With a family our size, anything simple and tasty ends up being a staple in our menu and this is no exception..

Here's what you will need....


The dream team includes:
  • Old Fashioned Oatmeal (not quick oats)
  • Milk
  • Honey
  • Sugar
  • Vanilla
  • Vanilla Wafers-crushed up
  • Greek Yogurt (Greek yogurt is a must for thickness. If you decide to use regular yogurt just know that the oatmeal will turn out more of a runny consistency)
  • Cool Whip
  • Banana

Notice that I made four at one time. The recipe is for ONE Mason Jar of Banana Pudding Refrigerator Oatmeal. If you need more than one jar, multiply the ingredients accordingly. 

These will only stay fresh and edible for about 3-4 days because of the bananas and yogurt so make up only what you will eat in the time frame. 


I used my meat tenderizer to crush up the vanilla wafers inside a sandwich baggie... What a therapy session! I got to get creative in the kitchen, cook for the family AND take out some pent up aggression on some cookies! It was a total win/win :-)




I have included a link to the actual printable recipe for your convenience! Leave me a comment or message me and let me know how you liked it! More Refrigerator Oatmeal creations to come! 


As always, love to you all!

Stacey



No comments: