Thursday, September 8, 2016

The Best Birthday Surprise EVER!! Part Two...


It's our first full day with my sisters and we are off to a fine start. We decided to grab some coffee and breakfast before we formed a game plan of what spots we wanted to check out. We ventured to a cute little coffee shop called Avoca Coffee. A small little shop where the baristas are super friendly and the coffee is gorgeous! My sister and I got matching New Orleans Style Cold Brews and Danielle opted for a Vanilla Dirty Chai Latte... 


Danielle's Vanilla Dirty Chai Latte



I found him!!

So pretty and very tasty! Plus, I found the illusive Chupacabra! Alert the media and call off the search hounds. Give me the trophy. Chupacabra is mine!





Then we decided to grab some donuts for everyone. What's so special about donuts you ask? I have two words for you. Krispy Kreme. We don't have a Krispy Kreme in Beaumont. My favorite thing about Krispy Kreme is getting to watch the freshly made donuts go down the conveyor belt then under the flowing fountain of warm glaze. 

It's really cool to watch and hot/fresh donuts are divine! We were standing in line waiting to be helped and a lady walked over to us and asks "Would you like a sample?" I said no because I didn't want to spoil my breakfast and immediately got a death stare from Vivian and Ashley (my sister). They promptly corrected me and grabbed a donut fresh from the oven. I took a bite of Vivian's and man oh man! Who needs dessert after that?! 


Oh So Yummy
It ended up being a ladies' choice day so we headed out to do some shopping! First stop on the list, a local thrift store my sister says she finds awesome stuff at. Vivian is really in to vintage anything and everything right now so she really enjoys resale shopping these days as well. 

We found some pretty great deals! This thrift store has a different pricing schedule every day. We went on a Saturday so everything was just $1.50! 


I ended up finding some sports jerseys, jackets, Halloween items for the kids plus Vivian grabbed a few things too and I ended up paying a whopping $16.24 for everything!!


















By the time we finished at the retail place we were all famished. Ashley wanted us to try a place called Fred's Texas. Another place I have never been to. It was fantastic! Plus it was established the same year I was born and being my birthday and all I thought that was neat... 
















Apparently Vivian and Emma give it a kiss of approval too! 

Live bands perform at this place too if you're a music lover! I am. We couldn't sit where the band was playing because we had Emma and she's not quite ready for loud music but I can't wait to be able to experience live music again!

Next, we headed to a little piece of heaven. A "candy store" for girlie girls! A place some of you may know as Sephora! We only have a super small version in our local mall here so I was PUMPED to see how big and nice this one was. I felt so overwhelmed by the choices that I ended up grabbing someone to help me pick out some things. 


Here's where I get to rat out my bratty little sister. We are standing at the register checking out and paying and the cashier asks if I have the Sephora rewards card. (I don't) My sister shouts "YES WE DO!" from behind me and rattles off her phone number. I proceeded with my purchase. After she makes her own separate purchase she explains to me that she got a huge amount of reward points because of my purchase amount and was able to redeem some of the points during her transaction to get some freebies. 

Me: "So I could've signed up for a rewards card and got the points myself?"

Her (looking sheepish): "Yes"...

Me: "UH UH! I know you didn't just STEAL MY REWARDS POINTS?!?"

Her: Straight giggles, nothing else.....

 Very typical, sister. Very typical.

Moving on. I'll admit it. I splurged. I spent way too much in that store but, it's my birthday! Happy Birthday to ME! One of the things I bought was a new Liquid Lipstick by Too Faced. It's a Melted Chocolate in Chocolate Cherries. It's bold and I really love it!! What do you think?

Chocolate Cherries!

No Lipstick















The shopping center we were in had several other stores in it as well so we decided to run in to Bath & Body Works. No trip anywhere is complete without Vivian being a complete clown!!


I adore their faces! So devilishly cute! Perfect little pumpkins if you ask me!

It was nearing dinner time as we got done shopping and it was time for dinner.

Prior to leaving on this trip, and as soon as we decided we would be going to Ft Worth for my birthday my husband put in his request. That was to eat at his favorite German place at some point while we were in Ft Worth. Of course I said yes. I have so many fond memories of going to this place with John. I know he especially loves the beer choices too. They have an amazing selection of German beer. 

Us gals climbed in the car from our shopping excursion and went home and gathered the entire crew and headed to Edelweiss! This eatery has been a staple in the Ft Worth area for years and years and even though I spent a huge portion of my childhood years in Ft Worth, I never had the opportunity to venture to this place until I met John P. Once I ate there I fell in love with certain items on the menu but most of all, the atmosphere. The music is live and the entertainment is friendly and enjoyable. Our favorite song the band plays is the "chicken dance". 

Yes, they even have a dance floor. We had a great time as usual. They have changed the menu since we last visited and that meant some of my favorite items were gone but they added some stuff too. We ordered the pretzels, a new appetizer and they were absolutely wonderful! I highly recommend them.  Once I saw what my sister n law ordered for her meal I regretted not going with the Hungarian Goulash along with her. She let me taste hers and it was superb. 



After dinner we headed back to the house where my sweet sisters presented me with a birthday cake! Celebration was complete with off key singing by the entire family. Dogs and toddlers included! I loved it! 
I especially enjoyed my Grandbaby singing to me and waiting all excited like, for her cake! She has the sweetest smile! 


We enjoyed our cake and ice cream while breaking out the Uno Cards. Card and board games are a staple in my family!




  I repaid my sister for stealing my Sephora Rewards by serving her up several heapings of Draw Fours, Skips and Reverses. As any other sibling would've done.  

Then we retreated to bed. Time for this Momma to get some shut eye. I am so elated to be back home with my family and I can't wait to see what tomorrow's adventure is!

Check out this link to Edelweiss and check out some great German food and beer options in the Ft Worth area!


I would love to hear from you! 

Do you have any restaurants or venues you just have to visit when you go back to your roots?

Leave a comment and let me know!!


No comments: